So, I decided it was high time I break out my springform pan, give it a good dusting and go to work on Donna's recipe. It was easy. The list of ingredients is short and it comes together quickly. It is in the oven as I type this, so I cannot yet comment on how it looks and tastes. But, I hope I do it justice.
Update: I had it and it was GOOOD! I made a lemon blackberry sauce to go over it. I had to get what was left out of the house so I didn't finish it. Have I mentioned that I love cheesecake?
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract (or almond or flavor of your choice)
3 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 T butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a springform pan, add the butter. Mix together and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Beat together the cream cheese, condensed milk, eggs and extracts. Make sure the cream cheese is really softened to it is smooth.
- Pour onto the crust. Thump it on the counter a couple of times to get out any big air bubbles.
- Bake until the middle doesn't jiggle, about an hour
- Let cool and then chill at least a couple of hours, preferably over night.
Here it is with some sauce. OMG!
It was a fitting use for the last of the blackberries from our yard!
For more great ideas, check out these parties.