So, when my sister requested I make cheesecake (along with a host of other desserts) for her wedding, I immediately knew which recipe I was going to turn to. She wanted plain cheesecake with a few toppings. So I made two cheesecakes, cherry topping, lemon curd, crushed chocolate cookies, chocolate hearts, fresh whipped cream and so on. They were all delicious!
So if you need a fail-safe cheesecake recipe, this one is for you. It makes a great textured cheesecake that is the perfect mix of creamy and just the right density. But don't take my word for it, get to baking!
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract (or almond or flavor of your choice)
3 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 T butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a springform pan, add the butter. Mix together and press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure the cream cheese is really softened to it is smooth.Whip the cream cheese until completely smooth, being sure the scrape the sides of your bowl a couple of times. Beat in the condensed milk and extracts until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating until just combined. You don't want to whip to much air into the mixture at this point.
- Pour onto the crust. Thump it on the counter a couple of times to get out any big air bubbles.
- Bake until the middle doesn't jiggle, about an hour
- Let cool and then chill at least a couple of hours, preferably over night.