You can find the little rye bread squares by the deli section in the grocery store. They are usually in a little display by where they cut the deli meat.
Grandma's Party Ryes
1 lb bulk mild sausage (the kind in the roll works great)
1 lb bulk Italian sausage
1 heaping Tablespoon of Ketchup
1 T garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 lb Velveeta
2 loaves party rye squares
- Mix the sausages and brown them. Drain the grease.
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes and carefully melt with the sausage
- Add spices and sauces, stirring to combine
- Spread the cheese mix on the slices of rye bread
- Once they are cooled, you can stack and freeze them.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a 375 F oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melty