The Liebster Award is an award being passed around the blogosphere to up and coming bloggers. The rules are as follows:
Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you.
Post the an award image on your blog.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
List 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate some blogs with under 1,000 followers to receive the award.
Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions I have been asked:
1) What's the last delicious thing you made?
I really enjoyed the bread pudding. It is not something I think to make often, but it is easy, tasty and comforting.
2) Is there a recipe you will be trying soon?
I have a whole stack I collected from family members. When I asked for the recipes, I was planning on just making them for us. The blog was an afterthought, but has added a lot of fun and a lot of work to the project!
3) Favorite Season?
Had you asked me this even just a couple of years ago, I would have said spring. Now, I love the fall. I love the football, the hoodies, the colors and the food!
4) Favorite part about homesteading?
We love to garden. It is fun to watch the plants grow and know you make your own food. You don't have to worry about what is on it, and it is so much cheaper!
5) Least favorite part about homesteading?
I have yet to really try canning, so everything we don't use right away ends up in the freezer. Luckily we have a fair amount of room, but it is still possible to run out! Plus things can get lost in the bottom of the chest freezer if you aren't careful!
6) Best vacation spot?
Usually the most recent one is my favorite. I would say our honey moon in the Riviera Maya was nice, but each place has it's merits!
7) Best day trip?
I spend a lot of time on the road for work, so day trips usually aren't the top of my list of things to do on the weekend. Any trip to see family or friends is a good one.
8) What you cannot wait to eat from your garden?
It is all fun, but the berries are great. Though, I hardly get to have any myself now that Jax can eat them. He can eat them as fast as I pick them!
9) Any good books lately?
We read a lot of Peak a Who?, Little Critter's Hansel and Gretel and Jack and the Beanstalk, The Polar Bear finger puppet book and Green Eggs and Ham. I try to get a few others in every now and then, but Jax definitely has his favorites!
10) If you had a super power, what would it be?
Having calories not count would be a great one. I love to cook and love to eat, I would like to not have to worry about the weight gain. If that one wouldn't work, the ability to clean the house in a matter of minutes would be nice.
11) How to you manage doing all you do?
Barely! I rely heavily on my calendar on my phone and try to squeeze as much into the couple of hours I get between the time Jax goes to bed and the time I feel like I should really be in bed.
11 Random Facts:
1) I am one of six, my dad is one of six and my mother-in-law is one of six.
2) There is no way I could ever have six kids!
3) There are few things in the world better than freshly made vanilla ice cream straight from the ice cream maker, but I have never made it myself. (It would be too dangerous to have it readily available)
4) I spend a lot of my drive time planning parties and menus.
5) I am lucky to live with my very own handyman. He is great at doing home improvements.
6) It's best if I'm not around for certain parts of the project. I trust him, but it still makes me nervous.
7) Matt isn't happy until everything is square, plumb and level.
8) Jax already loves to fix things with his tools.
9) and he likes to be just like his dad.
10) Having Jax has made our lives so much more complicated, but also a lot more fulfilling.
11) I have spent more time measuring ingredients and checking recipes this year than the rest of my life combined! I am usually the queen of taking what was on sale at the grocery store and what we have laying around and turning into dinner. I usually cook by feel, not by recipes or measurements.
Blogs I'm nominating:
11 questions I'm asking:
1) What made you decide to start a blog?
2) What has been the most fulfilling part about blogging?
3) What is the most challenging part?
4) What is your go-to dinner recipe?
5) What is your favorite dessert?
6) If you could take a trip to anywhere, where would it be?
7) What is your favorite meal to order out?
8) What is your favorite movie?
9) What is your favorite season?
10) When your were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
11) What would be your dream job now?