MiMi put some plastic wrap over her dough before she rolled them. This helped keep a nice smooth surface and kept the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
MiMi's Homemade Cheese Crackers
1 cup shredded cheese (she used a mexican blend)
4 T unsalted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Pour all ingredients into food processor and process until a ball is formed. This may take several minutes. (Don't give up, it will happen!)
- Form into a disk and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/8" thick and cut into shapes of your choice.
- Place crackers on parchment paper covered or greased cookie sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt then bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Make more!!