Chocolate Sour Cream Cookies
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softenend
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
- Cream together sugar and butter. Mix in eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until just incorporated. The dough will be loose.
- If you want to make drop cookies: drop rounded tablespoons full onto a cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 F oven for 8-10 minutes. They should be set, but you don't want them to take on much color.
- For rolled cookies: wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. Roll out on a floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 350 F for 5-10 minutes depending on size of cookies.