I mean come, on look at these beauties! So tender and fluffy and buttery with just the right amount of sweet. I hope some make it long enough to serve at the party!
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 T yeast
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup melted butter
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 8 oz cans crushed pineapple (do NOT drain them!)
9 cups flour (more or less depending how it comes together)
1 tsp salt
For brushing on top:
1/4 cup water
2 T melted butter
- Mix milk, yeast, sugar, oil, butter and eggs until combined
- Stir in pineapple
- Slowly add flour until dough comes together. It will be a sticky dough, but should form a nice ball.
- Knead for 10 minutes then place in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap until doubled in size (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Grease two 9x13 pans. Punch down dough and form into 24 balls. Place twelve in each pan. Let rise until doubled again.
I made a pan of smaller rolls too, for more snack sized sandwiches
- Mix egg and water and brush the top of the rolls. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brush with butter and devour! They are especially good right out of the oven.I mean, come on! These are soooo good!I made a couple of extra rolls for taste testing. We are in love! Jax kept asking for more and was very upset when I told him we had to save some for the party!
They made great slider buns for pulled pork!