So, we are still trying to make it spring inside. More strawberries!
It got a resounding two thumbs up from Matt and Sam. Jax and I loved it too. Jax kept trying to steal some from my bowl while keeping his to himself!
For Jax's first birthday party, we did a cracker Jax theme. We had a popcorn bar with all sorts of popcorn. I ordered rainbow corn, caramel corn, caramel apple corn and we set up a popcorn cart with toppings. I made white chocolate popcorn and cookies and cream popcorn. That is where I got this idea. Why not use freeze dried strawberries?! Yum!
All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a few minutes.
Mix the berries and the popcorn, add the almond bark and viola!
It almost felt like spring for a minute. Then we woke up to -8 real temp and -24 windchill this morning. It's amazing how reality always comes back to slap you in the face!
Strawberries and Cream Popcorn
1 oz freeze dried strawberry slices
3/4 pound almond bark
10-12 cups popped popcorn
- In a double boiler, or the microwave, melt the almond bark until smooth
- Lightly crush the strawberry slices and pour over the popcorn
- Pour almond bark over the popcorn and strawberries. Quickly stir to coat, keep stirring until everything has an even coating
- Allow to set for at least 10 minutes, then serve
- Store in an airtight container