Everyone loved them. They turned out thicker than we were expecting, but nobody complained. We decided if we were going to make them again, we would use larger pans so each layer would be thinner. Below is how we would do it next time. The picture below is using 3 9x9 pans.
Don't they look yummy? And so fun! They were a hit. When placed on a dessert buffet with many other options, they were the first to disappear!
9 T butter
1 1/2 T strawberry gelatin
24 oz marshmallows
12 cups crispy rice cereal
4 T sprinkles
- Butter 2 9x13 pans
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir in the strawberry gelatin
- Add 2/3 of the marshmallows and microwave until fully melted. Stir until combined
- Stir 8 cups of cereal into the strawberry mixture. Press into 2 of the prepared pans. Press sprinkles into the top of one pan's worth.
- In another bowl, melt the other 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the rest of the marshmallows and melt.
- Stir in the rest of the cereal and press into the pan without sprinkles
- Remove the sprinkle covered krispies and place sprinkle side up on top of the white layer, pressing down. Let cool completely and cut into squares.