I followed Cori's recipe pretty closely. The only real change I made was adding some sliced roma tomatoes on top. We love fresh tomatoes in our pasta and I happened to have some tomatoes on the counter. I needed to use them because I was going to be out of town for the next few days. So it just seemed like the right thing to do!
We all really enjoyed it and there is some in the fridge for Matt and Jax to eat while I am out of town. It makes me feel better knowing they have something easy to heat in case Matt doesn't feel like cooking.
Bake Tortellini Casserole
2 9 oz packages of dried tortellini (I used one cheese and one mushroom)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
3 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
4 roma tomatoes (optional)
- Cook tortellini as package directs
- Stir together sauce, cream cheese, Parmesan and totellini
- Pour into a 3.5 quart casserole or 9 x 13" pan
- Cover with sliced tomatoes if using. Then sprinkle with mozzarella
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melty and browned
We had some whole wheat cheesy bread with our tortellini and were all very happy with our dinner!