Jax LOOOOOOOOVES watching the popcorn pop in the air popper. It is so much fun to have him help pour the popcorn in and then wait for the magic to happen. He enjoys telling me it is hot and can't wait for the popping noise to start. He also likes to help eat the popcorn when it is done. Every time he sees the kernels or the popper, he starts begging!
So he really enjoyed making this. All you have to do is pop the corn, make a quick caramel and throw it in the microwave a couple of times. Ta da! Yummy peanut butter popcorn!
Peanut Butter Popcorn
8-10 cups of popped popcorn
2/3 cups brown sugar
2/3 cups light corn syrup
2 T butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large microwave safe bowl and lay out some waxed paper for later
- In a large sauce pan, mix together the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 3 minutes stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. It will foam. Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir until completely combined
- Pour hot caramel over popcorn and stir until combined
- Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and repeat two more times
- Spread popcorn out on waxed paper (be careful it is really hot!) and allow to completely cool and harden
- Store in an airtight container
We took this over to K.C. and Collin's house for the crab fest and it went over big! It was a nice snack for everyone as we sat around. Plenty sweet, but not sickeningly so. A little addictive crunch that makes you keep going back for more!