I am not sure if we have ever made a single batch of these. We normally make them by the dozens. They are normally filled with jelly beans and chocolate eggs. Jax is carrying on the tradition by bringing some to day care. He loves to bring treats to his friends at "school." He is so proud to bring things to share.
MiMi, Kristie and I had fun making nests for everyone. It had been a few years since I made them, but it brought back good memories. I think the last time was when Tisha and her little man, Mason, were in town. My family always loved when they came to visit. I wish we could see them more often!
3 T butter
2 T creamy peanut butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups for 5 oz can chow mein noodles
shortening for greasing fingers
Egg shaped candy
- Melt together butter and peanut butter
- Add marshmallows. Melt and stir until smooth.
- Stir in chow mein noodles until evenly coated
- Grease fingers and shape clumps of noodles into nest shapes
- Let stand on waxed paper until firm. Fill with egg candies