If you've never had a toll house pie, it is like a gooey chocolate chip cookie in pie form. Think about that for a second! Yum!
Here is what she said about it:
Homemade chocolate cookies were almost a staple in our home when our children were younger. When I came across the recipe for tollhouse pie I knew I had to try it. Since I have a large pie dish I decided to make the recipe larger than called for. The original recipe fell a little short. I recommend putting a cookie sheet under the pie tin just in case.
Toll House Pie
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 T vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Use 1 T of flour and mix it in with the chocolate chips to keep them from sinking.
- Add the remainder of the flour, sugar and brown sugar to the eggs. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in melted butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a prepared pie shell.
- Bake at 325 F for one hour and 15 minutes. You may want to cover the edges of the crust if they are getting too brown.