MiMi made some variations to the original recipe and everyone loved it. The following is how she made her version.
Chicken and Gravy in the Slow Cooker
2 packages dry chicken gravy mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups water
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 T Lawry's chicken and poultry rub (or garlic, rosemary, salt and onion powder mixed)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 T olive oil
- Rub the chicken with the seasonings. Brown in the olive oil in a skillet.
- In slow cooker, whisk together gravy mix, soup and water. Add browned chicken breasts
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Shred chicken to desired consistency with forks
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream