These seemed like the perfect answer. Just a couple of bites of ham, mustard, cheese and crusty bread. We went through three trays of them! They went perfectly with the cucumber bread.
Our friend Sam said these tied with the spinach dip for his favorite dish of the day!
1 baguette, thinly sliced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup mustard (I used a brown honey mustard)
1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
4 oz sliced cheese (I used muenster)
- Spread a layer of buguettes on a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350 F
- Mix together mayonnaise and mustard and spread on baguette slices
- Cut ham slices in half and fold to fit on bread slices
- Place a small slice of cheese over the ham
- Place tray in preheated oven and bake for five minutes or until cheese is nice and melty
- Serve right away.
These are great warm, but are still really good at room temperature. They are a great food to set out for a party!