I am going to give credit for this recipe to Sharadan, because she is the one that brought it into my life. To be completely fair though, I actually got the recipe from her mother-in-law. Sharadan had mentioned it was one of her favorites and I was planning a couple's shower for her and Sam. We were so excited for the arrival of baby Kenley and I couldn't wait to spoil them with a circus shower. So, I contacted Liz and got the recipe from her. For that party, I made it in individual parfait cups and topped it with animal crackers. They were so cute and really good!
I must have gotten the recipe from Liz while we were on the phone. I have scoured my emails and texts and couldn't find it in either. So, if this isn't Liz's recipe exactly, it is darn close. I made it as one big trifle for our Easter open house and both Sam and Sharadan recognized it immediately. It is a perfect spring or summer dessert. Sam said it is one of the rare desserts that is refreshing, and I have to agree. It is light and bright and fun!
Sharadan's Lemon Blueberry Parfait
1 angel food cake
1 21 oz can lemon pie filling
3 6 oz containers lemon yogurt
1 12 oz package blueberries (I have used both fresh and frozen and both have worked great)
1 8 oz package whipped topping
- Stir together pie filling and yogurt
- Either in individual glasses or one large trifle bowl, layer angel food cake, lemon mixture, blueberries and whipped topping until all ingredients are gone
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we're serving up!
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Dipped Strawberry Carrots by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sharadan's Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime