MiMi made this egg casserole for dinner too. She got the idea from The Country Cook. Then she added toppings! Talk about a hearty breakfast for dinner recipe.
Country gravy was a very tasty option.
Salsa and jalapenos made another tasty combination! The tater tots make throwing together a hearty and tasty breakfast casserole really easy. It is a nice twist on a favorite!
Tater Tot Egg Casserole
1/4 bag frozen tater tots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
country gravy, salsa and/or jalapenos for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Arrange tater tots in a greased 9 x 9 baking dish
- Beat the eggs, then stir in the bacon, spices and half the cheese
- Pour over the tater tots and top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked
- Cover with your favorite toppings and enjoy!