My original inclination was to do cupcakes. I love frosting (I know I tell you that all of the time!) so the thought of big piles of frosting was very appealing to me. But then I thought of his daycare ladies. Trying to feed a bunch of toddlers cupcakes covered in frosting sounded like a mess. So, I made these instead!
The krispie treats would be easy for the kids to eat and the royal frosting wouldn't run the risk of being smeared on everything. With sprinkles mixed in, there were fun pops of color. Jax taste tested one and loved it. He kept asking for more "treat."
Funfetti Krispie Cupcakes
2 T butter
1 10 oz package of marshmallows
5 1/2 cups rice krispies
1/2 cup sprinkles
optional: royal frosting and additional sprinkles
- Liberally grease a cupcake pan
- In a large saucepan, melt together the butter and marshmallows until completely melted and smooth.
- Mix in rice krispies and sprinkles
- Push into cupcake pan to desired thickness. (I didn't make mine too thick so the small children could eat them easier)
- Frost with royal frosting and sprinkles if desired
You may also like: