They are made up of the things that make ooey gooey butter cake so decadent. But in cookie form... and with chocolate! They are just the right size too. A couple of bites of rich gooey heaven. That way you don't feel like you really overdid it, but you get to enjoy a few bites of delicious.
Ooey Gooey Chocolate Butter Cookies
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Stir in egg, extract and cake mix until uniform.
- Chill dough for two hours
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Roll dough into small balls and place a couple of inches apart on a cookie sheet
- Bake for ten minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes, then dust with powdered sugar and finish cooling on a rack.
You may also like: