Ok. Follow me here. Chocolate. Cream cheese. Butter. You with me? Good! These cookies are a mix of all things yummy in my book!
They are made up of the things that make ooey gooey butter cake so decadent. But in cookie form... and with chocolate! They are just the right size too. A couple of bites of rich gooey heaven. That way you don't feel like you really overdid it, but you get to enjoy a few bites of delicious.
Ooey Gooey Chocolate Butter Cookies
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Stir in egg, extract and cake mix until uniform.
- Chill dough for two hours
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Roll dough into small balls and place a couple of inches apart on a cookie sheet
- Bake for ten minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes, then dust with powdered sugar and finish cooling on a rack.
You may also like: