BBQ Bacon Pecan pie from the Cupcake Project. It is very similar to your traditional pecan pie, but the filling is sweetened with honey and maple syrup instead of corn syrup. She got going on a 3/4 measurement theme and it worked! She decided to enter the brownie pecan pie, figuring she might need chocolate to go against the bacon. But the funny thing is, this is the pie that people were still talking about. It starts out tasting a lot like what you would think pecan pie would taste like, but is finished with a really nice honey flavor. It would be a hit at your Thanksgiving table, for sure!
3/4 Old Fashioned Honey Maple Pecan Pie
3/4 stick butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 T vanilla
3/4 T flour
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
3/4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine the flour and salt with the beaten eggs
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, vanilla and vinegar.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and pour into the pie shell.
- Arrange pecan halves on top.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool for at least an hour on a wire rack, then in the refrigerator for at least a couple more.
Here are some more classic family favorites: