But then you should think to yourself, can you ever really be sick of banana baked goods? Never!
So I have been bananas twice as often as we can possibly eat them in hopes of some getting over ripe. It finally panned out and we had three really soft and brown bananas ready to be mushed up and made into something delicious. Banana bread! We haven't had some in ages. In fact, I am not sure Jax has ever had any. We can't let that go on. So, banana bread it was!
Makes about 12 generous slices
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat to oven to 350 F and grease a 9" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar and butter until smooth. Add in bananas and mash and mix until incorporated. Stir in eggs until smooth.
- Mix in milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, quickly mix together the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hr and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy.
A few more banana favorites: