If you follow along, you know by now that we like breakfast food but we rarely eat a real breakfast. Don't worry, Jax eats a huge breakfast every morning... we aren't starving the kid. But, Matt and I rarely eat actual breakfast. So, we save our breakfast for dinner! This made an excellent brinner for the three of us.
Jax loves eggs and cheese, so I knew he would like this pizza. This kid begs for hard boiled eggs. He likes to crack them on the counter himself, or sometimes on his head. (Thanks for that one Nana!) Then he goes over to the trash can and carefully peels his egg. In the beginning, I would check them over before he could eat them to make sure he got all of the shell. Now, I trust that he has it all off. That is how much this little guy loves his eggs! So, it shouldn't be surprising that he liked this pizza so much he asked for some for some the next day for breakfast and more for dinner!
1 25-30 oz package of shredded hash browns, thawed
seasoned salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
Optional toppings: cooked sausage, bacon, ham, onion, peppers, mushrooms, whatever your heart desires!
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Beat together two eggs. Stir in thawed hash browns and some seasoned salt until evenly coated. (Use a fair amount of salt, that is a lot of potatoes to season!) Pat the hash browns into a circle on top of the parchment paper. Use your hands to apply some pressure so that everything sticks together. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and milk and cook via your favorite method. (I did stove top, but feel free to use the microwave.) You want to cook them to a soft scramble.
- When the crust is finished baking, spread eggs and other toppings evenly throughout. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for additional 10 minutes. Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy!
Some other fun egg recipes: