Rather than hash browns, this recipe starts with new potatoes. Since there are bite sized chunks of potatoes, the flavor really carries through. But of course, the cheese and bacon are the star of the show!
Serves about 12
16 medium new potatoes
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
1 lb cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup butter, melted
salt and pepper
- Cube potatoes into bite sized pieces, leaving the skin on.
- Put potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with cold water. Add some salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Put half of the potatoes in a large casserole or 9x13 pan (you can halve the recipe and make it in an 8-9" pan or two quart casserole). Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon and pour the butter over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Casserole is done when cheese is completely melted.