The funniest part is that I had seen something very similar over at Jam Hands not too long ago and had commented on how delicious it looks. It is every bit as good as you might think. I ate the leftovers the next day for lunch with no complaint!
This combination of fruit was delicious. MiMi already has a plan to mix it up for next time and use more tropical fruit like kiwi, mango, pineapple and banana. Really you could use any fruit you like. It would be fun to try all sorts of combinations.
Layered Fruit Salad
Grapes, green, black and red
Frozen pineapple chunks, thawed
3 (3.25 oz) pkgs instant banana cream pudding mix
2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the pudding mix, milk, sour cream and flavorings until smooth. Stir in the pineapple and place in refrigerator to start setting up.
- In a large serving bowl (MiMi used a trifle bowl) layer the fruit (excluding the raspberries) until there is about an inch of space remaining at the top of the bowl.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the fruit.
- Arrange raspberries on top.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Other fruity favorites: