Update: This granola is MiMi's new favorite! She stumbled back on it recently, more than a year after I posted it and decided to give it a try. Now she is hooked. She loves that it stays crunchy in spite of our humidity! What are your favorite granola add-ins?
Toasted Maple Cinnamon Granola
2 cups oats
1/4 cup brown sugar (granulated works fine too)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 T coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
Optional: pecans or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes. They should start to emit a toasty aroma and take on a little color. (You can skip this step, but it adds a little extra depth of flavor to your granola.)
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil nad stir in the sugar, syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Once the oats are toasted, remove from oven and turn the oven down to 250 F.
- Stir oats into syrup mixture and spread over the baking sheet again.
- Bake for one hour, stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven and spread over wax paper to cool. Break into bite sized pieces and store in an air tight container until ready to use!