Jax loves to eat noodles. He is pretty crafty at picking around the broccoli though. We are lucky enough to have some broccoli in the garden, so all we had to do was wander out to get some. What a delicious way to use some of our harvest!
Chicken and Sesame Noodles
6 oz whole wheat spaghetti
1 T olive oil
1 large chicken breast, cubed
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
3-4 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup tahini
2 T low sodium soy sauce
3 T water
1 T sugar
1 tsp sriracha
2 1/2 T sesame seeds
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together tahini, soy sauce, water, sugar and sriracha. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and carrots to the pan. Stir frequently until chicken is cooked through.
- Add broccoli florets and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and sesame seeds. Pour sauce over everything and toss to coat.
- Garnish with more sesame seeds or some cilantro if desired.
Some other favorites: