This brownie recipe yields really fudge brownies and they come together super quick using nothing but the ingredients you already have on hand. These would be perfect with Marlene's Fudge Frosting and a scoop of ice cream if you really want to take it over the top. For our picnic we kept them plain.
Easy Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cocoa and instant coffee until dissolved.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla and almond until shiny.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Spread in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set.