My Aunt Jenny and Uncle Jim have been making this pork loin for a number of years now. They have made it for us a few times and every time it has been delicious! We even had it for Christmas dinner one year. With the meat going on the grill, you can fill the oven with fabulous sides!
You can very easily alter the flavor of this pork by changing what what seasonings you use. Just follow the directions for cooking and you will have tender and moist pork loin every time!
Just look at all of that bacon. It has to be good!
Jenny's Grilled Pork Loin
1 large pork loin (cut it in half, use half now, half later)
1 lb bacon
Seasoning/rub of choice (Aunt Jenny says they like Jamaican Jerk or a BBQ rub. She also said it is great with brown sugar added to the rub)
- Soak skewers or toothpicks in water.
- Generously coat loin with seasonings/rub of your choice.
- Take strips of raw bacon and wrap around the circumference of the loin and secure with skewers or toothpicks. Leave about a slice of bacon's width between the bacon strips.
- Apply more rub to cover the loin and bacon.
- Sear over high heat (direct flame) on both sides on grill.
- Turn off one side of the grill and bring the other down to a medium flame.
- Cook over indirect heat (keep meat on the side that is off) for 45 minutes then flip over.
- Cook another 45 minutes still over indirect heat.
- Remove from grill and tent with foil for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Here are a couple more bacon filled grilled masterpieces: