I altered the directions a bit and used vanilla chips instead of white chocolate. The results were delicious. It was sweet with just enough citrus kick. Just be careful though, we were eating it outside on hot day so it didn't take the coating long to soften back up.
This would be a perfect switch up for a family movie night. An unexpected treat that everyone will love!
Lemon Cream Popcorn
8-10 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
12 oz vanilla baking chips
1 large lemon
- Zest the lemon and reserve zest for later. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze each half into separate dishes for later.
- Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Melt vanilla baking chips in small bowl in microwave. Start with a 30 second interval, then stir. Continue microwaving in 15 second bursts, stirring after each until it is smooth.
- Stir zest into melted chips. Quickly pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spread popcorn over a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Drizzle one dish of lemon juice over popcorn and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining juice over popcorn and let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. (Popcorn is best immediately)
More popcorn favorite: