I had plenty of lemons and raspberries left to make an ice cream to go with this. What a refreshing summer dessert!
Lemon Texas Sheet Cake With Raspberry Glaze
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup butter
1 cup minus 2 T water
2 tsp lemon rind
2 T fresh lemon juce
1 1/3 tsp lemon extract
- Generously grease and flour a 15x10x1" jelly roll pan (MiMi used this one) and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, sour cream and eggs. Stir until completely combined.
- Combine butter, water, lemon rind, lemon juice and lemon extract in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the hot butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir well. Pour into the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes while you make the icing.
6 T butter
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp lemon extract
3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 recipe raspberry glaze
- Combine the butter, milk and lemon extract in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and gradually add the powdered sugar, stirring the mixture until it reaches a good consistency for spreading.
- After the cake has cooled for 20 minutes, spread the frosting on the cake. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When ready to serve, spread the raspberry glaze over the cake. Slice and enjoy!
A few more citrusy sweets: