They came together easy and I had everything I needed on hand! My favorite kind of treat. Plus the peanut butter and maple really amped up the flavor in the treats themselves. All that peanut butter was so good with the fudge frosting. Jax loved them. Matt and our friend Sam had been working on our basement leak, so they were happy to accept a treat break as well! The only problem is now I remember just how much I love that frosting on krispie treats.Hopefully I can refrain from making them too often!
Maple Peanut Butter Krispie Treats
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups crisp rice cereal
1 recipe Marlene's Fudge Frosting
- Grease a 9x9 pan
- In a large saucepan, bring syrup to a boil over medium-low heat. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Dump into greased pan. Spread evenly then apply pressure to the top to make sure everything sticks together.
- Cool completely then cut into square and serve.
Some other yummy maple treats: