Either way, this ice cream is yummy! MiMi knew she needed to make something fun to go with the Elvis Cake I was making for the rib throw-down. She loves to come up with ice creams that match our dessert main dish. She is just cool like that! This was the perfect "side dish!"
Please don't confuse that with the frozen banana, peanut butter "ice cream." This is the real McCoy. Carlee made an Elvis Presley inspired cake. Of course, I just had to make an ice cream to accompany it. Peanut butter, bananas and honey seemed to be the way to go. -MiMi
Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Ice Cream
2/3 cups honey
2 1/2 cups cream
1 1/3 cups milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
3 very ripe bananas, mashed until smooth
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs until fluffy and light. About 1 or two minutes. Continue to whisk while slowly adding the honey. Blend until smooth. (I use an immersion blender* and large mouth canning jar for this step).
- In a large measuring cup, stir the cream and milk to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of this back into the smaller bowl and stir in the peanut butter. Whisk until fully incorporated (Again, I used the jar and immersion blender.)
- Add that back to your cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour this mixture into your ice cream freezer and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- When there is about 5 minutes churn time left, smash those bananas until smooth. (Immersion blender for me again). Add the banana to the ice cream freezer and churn until done.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart or larger freezer container and freeze a couple more hours or longer. Enjoy!
MiMi also suggests you get an immersion blender if you don't own one. It is one of her most used kitchen gadgets. She said "I seriously don't ever want to be without one. They make so many recipes much easier."