Do you like creamy delicious sauces that are full of flavor? Me too! And this one fits the bill. It has the perfect creamy texture. It is everything you love about a bechamel but made brighter with lemon. You with me?
Now, take that sumptuous sauce and infuse in some rosemary.
Yep! It is really easy to make and will kick up anything you put it on. Imagine it with chicken and pasta. Ooh, or a white chicken lasagna. I think that is happening! SOON!
This time it baked over stuffed crepes and it was perfect!
Lemon Rosemary Bechamel
4 T Butter
4 T Flour
2 1/2 cups milk (sometimes I use half chicken broth, half milk. Shh, don't tell!)
3 T lemon juice
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a saucepan or skillet, melt the butter over medium to medium-low heat.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes. You don't want to roux to take on any color, but you want the flour flavor to cook out.
- Whisk in the milk until smooth. Don't panic if it is a little lumpy at first, keep whisking until it isn't.
- After a minute or two, add the lemon juice and sprigs of rosemary. Continue to cook over medium to medium-low heat, stirring frequently until you reach your desired consistency. It should just take a couple of minutes more.
- Remove the springs of rosemary before using.
You may also like: