Pops loves dreamsicles, so we thought we would do a play on that. Popcorn coated in an hard orange shell then coated in a creamy vanilla coating. Perfect!
Orange Dreamsicle Popcorn
10 cups popped popcorn (just over 1/2 cup unpopped)
4 T butter
3 T light corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 (3 oz) package orange gelatin
1 (12 oz) packange vanilla chips
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Place waxed paper in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Cook the butter and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add the sugar and gelatin, stirring until dissolved. bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Quickly pour jello mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat. Spread in prepared pan (be careful, it's hot!).
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely.
- Place popcorn back in large bowl. Melt the vanilla chips until smooth. Pour over popcorn and quickly stir to coat.
- Spread back out over waxed paper or parchment and allow to cool until set.
- Serve immediately or store in a air tight container.
Other fun snack mixes: