I wanted to use up some of the last bits of our favorite summer fruits before we went into fall baking mode full time. So, I threw together this fun galette. I love the free form nature of a galette. It is such a fun way to make a rustic dessert.
We made this as a last minute item to share at a friend's BBQ. It was fun to bring something a little different. Plus this way you can bring it on a platter and serve it with a knife and fork. No need for special utensils and no worry about getting a favorite pie plate back home. A perfect way to share some of our favorite summer produce!
Peach Blackberry Galette
3 large peaches, pitted and sliced
1 cup blackberries (mine was heaping)
2 T maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp corn starch
3 T almond flour
1 T milk
1-2 tsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Roll pie dough into a round shape.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle dough with almond flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peaches, blackberries, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and corn starch. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Pile peach mixture in the middle of crust. Fold edges of crust over the edge of the fruit.
- Brush exposed crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for an hour, remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve war or room temperature.