EEEEEEEEK! They've all been eating my brains! Jax loves shrimp dip, so he was eating cracker after cracker loaded with this stuff. He kept asking for "more mommy brains!"
I am not sure if I should be proud or scared....
I have actually made this a few times now. Every time it gets a lot of fun first impression comments. Once somebody has the guts to cut into it, everyone loves eating it too.
Matt's favorite holiday is Halloween and his birthday is just a few days before, so we normally have people over for a party at some point the week of Halloween. People get dressed up, we make fun snacks (at least since I've been around) and everyone has a good time. As more and more younguns get added to the group, the Halloween party isn't quite what it used to be. That doesn't mean we can't still make fun snacks!
Molded Shrimp Dip
1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 package unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 bunch green onions or handfull of chives
2 cups shrimp, chopped (I sometimes use whole salad shrimp)
1 cup mayonnaise
dash or two of hot sauce
Cocktail sauce and crackers for serving.
- Stir the gelatin into the water and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, mix cream cheese and mushroom soup until completely smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the gelatin and water mixture until well mixed.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into a greased mold. (I used a brain shaped one like this one but you could do a ring if it isn't Halloween)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Unmold brain and serve with cocktail sauce and crackers.
Don't forget to check out all the fun Halloween ideas and enter our giveaway!