Planning the menu for Carlee and Matt's birthday celebration was easy. Carlee is great at letting me know what they would like for the dinner. This year it was a taco bar, one of Matt's favorites.
I really enjoyed making it and watching my family enjoy it. We almost forgot to sing happy birthday because we couldn't wait to try it!
Brownie Peanut Butter Pudding Delight
20 Nutter Butter cookies
4 T melted butter
1 box of brownie mix (about 18 oz)and ingredients to prepare it
15 Reese's peanut butter cup minis
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups of milk
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 T vanilla
Chocolate syrup and melted peanut butter to drizzle over the top
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box. Halve and stir in 15 Reese's peanut butter cup minis. Bake as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, pulse 20 Nutter Butter cookies in a food processor to make crumbs. Add the 4 T of melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool
- Crumble half of the brownies and spread over the Nutter Butter crust.
- For the pudding layer: stir the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in a sauce pot until well mixed. Turn burner on to medium high and whisk in the milk and cream. Bring to a simmer, stiring occasionally. Once it comes to a good simmer continue to cook, stirring constantly, for another minute. The mixture should be the thick consistency you would expect a pudding to be. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour the pudding over the brownies that are in the Nutter Butter crust. Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- When ready to serve: slice the remaining brownies and arrange over the pudding. If desired, drizzle with some melted peanut butter and chocolate syrup.