You guys, isn't this dessert pretty?! I think it is the perfect new treat for your holiday dessert table. The cranberry sauce on top makes me think Thanksgiving, but isn't the color perfect for Christmas? You should definitely plan to make it for both!
Want to know the best part(s)? Don't worry I'll tell you! Here are a few:
- It is no bake, so you don't need to jockey for oven space!
- It is sweet enough to be dessert, but it isn't sickeningly sweet.
- You can make it a day or two in advance.
- It has three kinds of fruit in it, and wholesome dairy. So, it is practically a health food!
Are you convinced you should make it yet? You definitely should be!
I mean really, doesn't it look pretty? The filling is so light and fluffy. The cranberry sauce adds so much flavor. The lady fingers make it look so pretty and elegant. I have been wanting to make something like this for quite some time and finally had a perfect excuse. We were invited to dinner at some friends' house and I was on the dessert committee. Score! Time to pull out all of the stops!
All you have to do is make a "crust" out of lady fingers. Dip them in a little orange juice to add that extra punch of orange flavor.
After a few minutes in the mixer is and the filling is ready to go. You will not believe how fluffy this stuff is! The best part is it is made with all wholesome ingredients you would be glad to eat!
Make a batch of classic orange cranberry sauce and strain out the solids. Then you have a nice smooth topping that will knock your socks off. The color is amazing and the flavor is perfect for the holidays. This dessert feels so indulgent and elegant. Nobody will ever guess how easy it was!
Orange Cranberry Charlotte Russe
Makes a 7" dessert
7 oz lady fingers
1 cup orange juice
2 small bananas
2 oz cream cheese
zest of one orange
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1 cup orange juice
12 ounces fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
- Dip each lady finger quickly into the orange juice. Just pass it through the orange juice, you don't want them to get soggy. Cut to the height of your springform pan. Place around the edge of the pan, using the cut ends to make the bottom crust. Don't worry if the bottom isn't completely filled in, but you do want the outer rim to be complete.
- In your mixer, beat together the bananas and cream cheese until mostly smooth.
- Add the zest, cream and mascarpone. Beat until the cream thickens. Once it is thick enough to form soft peaks and hold its shape, spoon into prepared lady finger crust and spread until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, make the cranberry topping by bringing orange juice, cranberries, sugar and cinnamon stick to a boil over medium-low heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour through a sieve or small holed strainer. Push filling with the back of a spoon to release all of the liquid. Allow strained liquid to cool to room temperature for at least an hour.
- Spread half of the completely cooled cranberry sauce over the chilled filling and return to refrigerator until ready to serve. Use the rest of the cranberry topping for serving.
And now what you all have been waiting for, a chance to win $500!!!!!! You can pick either an Amazon gift card or a cash payment through paypal! I would love either, but will give you the chance to enter instead. I wish you all the best of luck!
Prize: $500 Amazon Gift Card or Cash (via Paypal) - winner’s choice
Co-hosts: A Labour of Life // Blog by Donna // Classy Yet Trendy // Behind Blue Eyes // Capri's Coupons // Jenn's Blah Blah Blog // Notoriously Dapper // Stripes N Vibes // SWEET HAUTE // Funky Jungle // Holy Craft // Laura Jane Atelier // LivingWithBeth.com // Simone - Your Style Architect // Something Good // Yogurt Hydro
Giveaway organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck!
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 12/14 and is open worldwide. Winner will be notified via email.
Are you a blogger who wants to participate in giveaways like these to grow your blog? Click here to find out how you can join a totally awesome group of bloggers!