Jax and I made the filling and I rolled it into balls. I threw them in the freezer for a bit to make them easier to dip. Then MiMi and Chloe came to help dip them and some pretzels. We have been having the best time making all of these treats!
1 (16 oz) jar creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 lb chocolate candy melts
- Mix together the peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. The mixture might be a little crumbly to start, but a few kneads should bring it together.
- Roll mixture into balls. Since you aren't baking them, you can make them whatever size you'd like. I made mine about a couple of teaspoons each so that we could have a lot of smaller balls.
- Place balls on wax paper lined baking sheets and put them in the freezer for at least a half hour.
- Melt chocolate melts in a double boiler.
- Using a toothpick to hold the peanut butter balls, dip them into the melted chocolate covering all but a small bit of the ball.
- Place back onto the wax paper and allow to set up completely.