|The family's official chex mix pan. It was on of my great-grandma's roaster pan, right MiMi?|
So imagine my surprise when all of the chix mix recipes had you "bake" it in the microwave! Not my chex mix! I had the official chex mix pan out and ready to go. I wasn't turning to the microwave now. So, I finally found a recipe and made it the way I remembered it. Yum!
Classic Oven-Baked Chex Mix
3 cups corn chex
3 cups rice chex
3 cups wheat chex
1 cup peanuts
2 cups pretzels
2 cups cheese crackers
6 T butter
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion
- Preheat oven to 250 F
- Place butter in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Put in oven until butter is melted.
- Stir in Worcestershire, seasoned salt, garlic and onion powders.
- Stir in cereal peanuts, pretzels and cheese crackers.
- Bake for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before placing in an airtight container to store.