I love spiced nuts. There is something about the slightly sweet, slightly spicy crunchy nuts that make the irresistible. I was making the gingerbread skillet roll and thought it would be fun to use a similar mix of flavors on some walnuts for a fall salad.
These nuts are so easy to make. Just a few spices, a little sugar and some nuts, a few stirs and there you have it! You won't be able to stop eating them. They are perfect for snacking, great for salad topping or would make a great garnish for a dessert. Let your imagination and taste buds be your guide!
Fall Spiced Walnuts
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 T water.
- Preheat oven to 200 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together sugar and spices. Mix in water to make a wet sandy type mixture.
- Stir in walnuts until well coated.
- Spread out on the foil lined baking sheet and bake for an hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Make sure they are spread out and allow them to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.