Microwave Peanut Brittle
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
1 tsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
- In a 1 1/2 quart bowl (MiMi and I both always make it in our 8 cup glass measuring cups) stir together sugar and syrup. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes, until brown.
- Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blending well.
- Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes more. Peanuts will be lightly browned and syrup very hot.
- Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
- Pour mixture onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Let cool 1/2 to 1 hour.
- When cool, break into small pieces and store in air-tight container.