When the idea for a cousins' cookie day turned into cookie weekend, I knew I had better take advantage. With MiMi and Emily on board, the possibilities were endless. When they left Saturday night, we made plans for them to come back and help me decorate the gingerbread cookies we had made that afternoon. Little did they know that Sunday morning I would wake up and bake a small batch of sugar cookies and these peanut butter beauties as well. You know how the old saying goes, if you have help coming to decorate, make more cookies!"
Oh, that's not a thing?
It should be!
Anyway, these cookies come together pretty easily. I woke up with nothing started and had both the sugar cookies and these baked and cooled before MiMi and Emily arrived at 1:00. We had a great time decorating everything and catching up on life's happenings. I could see this becoming an annual event.
Peanut Butter Roll-Out Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen medium cookies
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Stir into peanut butter mixture.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll your dough to about 1/4" thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut desired shapes and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Cool on the cookies sheet for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate and eat!