It's that time of year again, the time when my brain starts thinking about hot wings, pulled pork, nachos and chili. The big game is right around the corner and I am struggling to pick a menu. I could go easy and pull out the hot dog roller. A nacho bar sounds great. Pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls is always good, but we did that last year. We went a little overboard on the menu last year, so my main goal is to make a more reasonable amount of food. We'll see if that happens ;-)
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
10 oz bag tortilla chips
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup Buffalo sauce
1 T butter
1 T flour
3/4 cup milk8 oz Monterey Jack cheese (though white cheddar would be good too)
Optional toppings: sliced jalapenos, avocado, sour cream, bleu cheese, green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss shredded chicken and Buffalo sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in butter and allow to cook for a minute.
- Slowly add milk, whisking the mixture as it is added. Continue to cook, stirring frequently until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in cheese and continue to cook until just melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread about half of the chips in a large skillet or on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkled with half the Buffalo chicken mixture, then drizzle half of the cheese.
- Top with remaining chips, chicken and cheese. I added my jalapeno slices at this point as well.
- Place in the hot oven for 5-10 minutes. You don't want to brown it too much, just get everything extra toasty and the cheese should start to bubble slightly.
- Top with desired extras and enjoy while hot!