These cookie bars are easy to make. You don't have to worry about them spreading, so you can start with melted butter and soft dough. You can mix it by hand with no problem, no need to pull out the stand mixer or anything! Just spread it, bake it and load it with frosting! There is the warm depth of molasses and just a slight cinnamon spice. It is a great compliment to the marshmallowy seven minute frosting.
Oatmeal Creme Pie Bars
Makes 1 10x15" pan or about 20 bars
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
4 T molasses
1 T vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups instant oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 recipe 7 minute frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 10x15" bar pan.
- Stir together butter, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla. Add eggs and mix well.
- In another bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool and spread with frosting.
- Cut into squares and serve.