Carlee and Matt hosted a Big Game Party and invited family and friends. As with most parties I got busy thinking about what I could make to bring. I got this idea from a food blog titled The Girl Who Ate Everything. I pretty much followed what she did, but I added a little extra brown sugar and vanilla knowing that's the way my family would like it. Carlee had so many wonderful things to eat that everybody was pretty full by the time we put the sweets out. Most of her guests were curious so they put a little on their plate so they could try it. I happened to be sitting in the dining room where the food was being served. It got to be funny watching those that thought they would just want a little taste come back and fill their plates. This was quick and easy to make and something that we had never tried before, but will certainly enjoy again!
Monster Cookie Dip
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 T vanilla
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup M&M's
1 cup chocolate chips
Dippers: animal crackers, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, pretzels, apples
- Mix together the cream cheese, butter and peanut butter.
- Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the oats, M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for about a half hour before you are ready to serve.
- Remove from the refrigerator and let it soften a bit, then serve with your favorite dippers.