I love fudgy delicious brownies. Don't you?! They are so delicious and I love the dense texture and deep chocolate flavor. This recipe has it all, cocoa powder, chocolate and instant coffee to give it that extra boost! They come out just the way I like them. I used most of the batch for something fun that will be posted this weekend. Matt and I ate the rest within minutes!
The best part about this recipe is that the batter can all be made in one saucepan. You melt the butter and chocolate, add everything else and put it in your baking dish. Easy peasy! The batter is delicious too, if you're into that sort of thing. ;-)
Fabulously Fudgy Brownies
Makes 9 generous brownies
1 cup flour
3 T cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
2 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 tsp instant coffee
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
pinch of salt
1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8x8" pan
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in coffee powder, extracts, salt and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the pan and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.