We love getting hams all year long. Matt takes a sandwich to work for lunch each day and fresh sliced ham is so much better than the deli cuts. Not to mention it is great with eggs and some potatoes for dinner. You can cut it into chunks and stir it into your macaroni and cheese too. And of course there is ham and bean soup! This pot pie is one of my favorite ways to use up some leftover ham though.
Ham, Broccoli and Cheese Pot Pie
Enough pastry for a double crust pie (2x this recipe)
1 lb bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
8 oz nerfchatel cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (think cheddar, swiss or mozzarella)
1 lb ham, diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place bottom pie crust in pie dish.
- Stir together cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic and onion powders.
- Stir in ham and broccoli and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Spoon into pie crust. Cover with top crust and crimp edges. Cut vent holes.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until crust is brown and filling is bubbly.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Shared at Meal Plan Monday