Making mini quiche are perfect on so many fronts. First of all, it is built in portion control. Each one comes in at about 100 calories depending on the exact ingredients you use. They are full of flavor. The eggs and cheese are great sources of protein and minerals, spinach brings the fiber and vitamins. Plus they are in a easy grab and go crust. What's not to love?
These mini quiche are a great make ahead meal. The recipe makes a bunch so they are great to make ahead and heat a couple at a time for breakfast. They are also great for parties! I made a batch they day before our Easter party. The day of I just placed them on a cooling rack over a baking sheet and popped them in the oven. A few minutes later they were ready to go. This was a perfect way to reheat them without the bottoms getting soggy. You can also pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute and you are ready to go! With a batch of these and 36 mini ham and cheese quiche I was able to serve brunch to a crown without breaking a sweat!
Mini Spinach and Cheese Quiche
makes 36 mini quiche
36 wonton wrappers
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup milk
20 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese or Italian blend
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease muffin tins and place a wonton wrapper in each well. Make sure wrappers are flat on the bottom of the tin and the sides are all the way out against the edges of each well.
- With a whisk, stir cream cheese until smooth and easy to work with. Add eggs, a few at a time, stirring until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in milk. Then add spinach, cheese, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg mixture into each wrapper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. Remove from muffin tins and serve immediately or cool on wire racks.