I have the solution. It just takes one skillet, a few pantry ingredients and some leftover pulled pork. It combines some Tex-Mex Flavors with BBQ for another Mexi-Q dish that is sure to be a hit! The best part is that it comes together quickly and the cleanup is just as quick!
BBQ Pulled Pork and Rice Skillet Supper
1 T oil
3/4 cup pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, undrained
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen)
1 1/2 cups pulled pork
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
green onions for garnish
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onions, peppers and garlic and cook until they start to soften. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the rice to the skillet, stirring until lightly toasted.
- Stir in rice and tomatoes, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes. Add a little more water if necessary to keep it from drying out.
- Once rice is al dente, stir in black beans, corn, pulled pork and BBQ sauce.
- Top with cheese and cook until cheese begins to melt.
- If you'd like (and you have an oven safe skillet), broil until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Garnish with green onions.