Have you caught on to our love of pork yet? K.C.and Pops try to outdo each other on their smokers. Nana and Mr. Mike grill a lot of pork too. My Aunt Jenny is famous for her grilled bacon wrapped pork loin. I tend to cook mine indoors. Whether it's carnitas, indoor pulled pork, or balsamic braised pork, we love it! That doesn't even count the pork chop recipes, we love those too! Ooh, and the stuffed pork loins (the apple one is amazing!)
Then there is our new favorite. Pulled pork enchiladas with creamy cheese sauce. If you haven't checked that out yet, you need to. Because, yum!
This pork comes together easily in a slow cooker. Throw the meat and a few ingredients in before work. Come home, get rid of the grease, pull the meat and stir in some big flavor and dinner is ready. It really only takes 10-15 minutes to have dinner on the table from the time you walk in the door!
I served this as sandwiches the first night and they were delicious. I did sort of a terriyaki stir fry with broccoli and some of the leftovers for a quick dinner a couple of nights later. That was really good too! It would be great in a taco with some honey lime slaw as well. The possibilities are endless!
Slow Cooker Hula Pork
3 pounds pork shoulder or butt
salt and pepper
Optional: 2 T cooking oil
3 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 T brown sugar
2-3 T sriracha
1/2 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper all sides of your pork shoulder.
- Optional step if time allows: Brown pork shoulder in a little oil until all sides.
- Grease slow cooker insert, place pork shoulder inside. Sprinkle with ginger and garlic. Add soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Pour juices from slow cooker into a fat separator or skim off as much grease as you can. Shred meat and pour the cooking liquid back over the meat. Stir in brown sugar, ketchup and sriracha.
- Serve on buns or in tortillas.